Sunday, March 29, 2009

Positive Attitudes

Positive Attitudes Prevail at the Center

One thing I've noticed is how positive the staff and patients usually are, here at the environmental health center.

In particular, two wonderful employees in the sauna/massage/oxygen area are the heart of the center... they take you through the relaxing treatments, and have a personal, look-in-your-eyes way of talking and laughing/ joking.

Being less than positive and upbeat here can come across as unwanted negative energy among patients who need to stay focused and positive to deal with such a complex health condition.


Annoyance was what I came in to the sauna room with, on Saturday, and I thoughtlessly started complaining about my annoyance.

I'm staying at the Marriott Residence Inn, in the nontoxic housing in the back of the hotel. Down in the lobby at the front desk, I asked a clerk to call a taxi because I'd missed the free shuttle over to the clinic. This woman working there as a clerk is always helpful and nice, and said she would call a specific taxi driver she trusts to get straight to the center, on time, etc.

He took forever. Usually taxis come in five minutes, he came in twenty-five. I was feeling my sauna time slipping away, when any Yellow Cab driver would have done.

I then got a bizarre random lecture from the driver, on why females should not have sex before marriage!

Walking in to the sauna room much later than planned, I started to vent to the guy who was giving me my pre-sauna vitamins and weigh-in, when I realized that my annoyance and negative story wasn't fitting in with the relaxation and mood.

It was a good lesson for me... Laugh at the cab driver, stay upbeat, grateful that I am here at this clinic, in a sauna mobilizing toxins from fat stores, breathing oxygen, getting massaged, getting an IV of gluathione and magnesium, all of which relaxed me and put me in an infinitely better mood. The only thing missing for TOTAL relaxation was a little premarital sex... (just kidding, mr. taxi driver :) Actually, I appreciated his values, just not his pontification :)

No comments:

Post a Comment